FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Team Robespierre

So I know that I’m a few days late and a couple dollars short of catching this on time, but I was trying to hold out until tonight. About four days ago my boys in Brooklyn, Team Robespierre, put out - correct me if I’m wrong - their first music video for their song “88th Precinct” off of their album Everything’s Perfect (Impose).  The video is directed by Allen Cordell and if you’re familiar with his work (Dan Deacon, Jimmy Joe Roche, Future Islands) then you know just how psychedelic and imaginative this man is. It’s 2:30am and I’ve just come back from a show with Dre Skull, Ninjasonik and Team Robespierre - if you know these three names then you can imagine the awesome energy that was pumping the entire night. The only way that I can possibly compare it to anything that I’ve experienced would be a 5 hour Matt and Kim show complete with the DIY mentality and run completely illegaly out of a hole in the wall in Williamsburg. I have cuts all over my body but could not be any more excited for how the night just went. I’d also like to give a shoutout to the Teenagers posters that are posted all around Williamsburg and the Monster energy drinks truck for being in the right place at the right time...outside of my dorm at 2am, thanks guys. You can purchase Team Robespierre’s album as of today and catch them at SXSW if it doesn't conflict with the sick I<3COMIX events like the Heartsrevolution performances. The bottom line is that this was one of the best shows ever and I hope that I've mentioned enough bands in this post for everyone to think I'm cool like Cory Kennedy.



Team Robespierre - Ha Ha Ha (Ninjasonik Remix).mp3

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]