FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Does It Offend You, Maybe?



Does It Offend You, Yeah? is nothing new to the blogosphere, but I felt that in light of their recent album release, Coachella and their SXSW performances they deserve to be brought up. Does It Offend You, Yeah? is a British electro-rock band that has become notorious for their electro-grunge sound. Their debut album, You Have No Idea What You're Getting Yourself Into (Virgin), came out March 24 in the UK and is due for an April 15 release in the US. I would say that their hype immediately began with their name and then with the public release of "Weird Science" and "We Are Rockstars," the public became aware that this name had talent behind it. Now I have not heard the album in its entirety but what I have heard since first coming across them in '06, I have enjoyed. P4K recently reviewed their album negatively, and without reading the entire thing I'm going to disagree with it as I usually do. What I recently learned about this band from the iheartcomix SXSW showcase is that this is a band in the literal sense, they are guys with instruments. I believed that they were guys with laptops and maybe a keyboard making these awesome sounds. If you haven't already, check these dudes out, get offended, but don't read the P4k review until you've heard the album. Also, check 'em out at Coachella!

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - We Are Rockstars

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]