FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Girl Talk Murders Seattle



I'm not too hip to say that I like Girl Talk, even though he now shares the same fans as Fall Out Boy - who I actually happen to have a soft spot for. I'll just flat out admit it - I [still] love Girl Talk, I always have and I always will - a week ago I would have told you that the mashup party was dead, but just from getting back into Night Ripper mode today I have been so horribly wrong. Maybe the mashup is dead, but Girl Talk doesn't mashup...he takes you through a timeline of your life through music - from Elton John to Smashing Pumpkins to Biggie to Grizzly Bear - listening to Girl Talk is like taking a walking tour through your memories as they associate with these songs. It's one thing to hear Justice with Chromeo - nobody want to. It's another to hear The Verve with the Ying Yang Twins. Anyways, I've had a sour taste in my mouth lately for Night Ripper, just because I think that I was bitter about Greg's success and what a fad he had become, but after downloading his live set from Seattle awhile back it's like I'm discovering him for the first time all over again. I highly recommend this download if you miss the good old days. Happy 2am everybody!

Girl Talk - Girl Talk Murders Seattle.zip [via Mega Upload]

Labels:


Comments:
Grooveshark followed Greg on his Florida tour starting first in Gainesville, then to Orlando, then Tampa, and finally ending in Miami. Grooveshark even saved the Miami show from being cancelled.

We recently had a chance to sit down with Greg and discuss the tour, getting laid in the bathroom, and his views on piracy:

http://www.grooveshark.com/blog/2008/02/11/the-essential-girl-talk-experience-an-interview-with-gregg-gillis/
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]