FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Noah's Top 5 Albums Of The Summer


Hey guys and gals, I thought that it would be nice to share the top five albums that I've been jammin' out to this summer and hopefully Cameron and Sophie will follow with similiar posts. Now if I didn't party too hard all summer then I'd have the good sense to say that Air France, Talkdemonic and Syclops are my top three summer albums, but unfortunately I don't so you'll have to wait until the end of the year to see those babies again.

5. My summer began with an obsession over L.A. based band, Pocahaunted. Their dark and primal sounds remind me of an earlier less-poppy Animal Collective and I'm a big fan of slow progressions when there are haunting vocals involved. I'm honestly a little confused when it comes to records that Pocahaunted has either released or appeared on, so I'm going to call upon their entire discography for this one.
Pocahaunted - Sweat Lodge

4. Who can deny The Cool Kids their Bake Sale kumuffins? Certainly not me. I was lucky enough to catch Mickey and Chuck at The Key Club in early June - just a month after catching the guys at Coachella - and I've been dropping lyrics in conversation just to make myself "A Little Bit Cooler."
The Cool Kids - A Little Bit Cooler

3. After an intense reclusive period in my life where all I did was talk about and listen to Animal Collective, what better way to ease back into a normal social world then to dive head first into El Guincho? None, that's what. If you haven't hopped on the train yet, it just arrived at the station for ya. El Guincho's smooth spanish stylings will without a doubt make their way into all of your summer playlists, and with great timing as usual our pals over at The Hood Internet have posted a kick-ass mash of El Guincho and Pitbull.
ABX - Anthemillas [via zSHARE]

2. I love Ratatat. I always have and, unless I hear that they're fucking underage girls like so many others, I always will. LP3 easily makes it onto my list of albums that everyone needs to party to this summer.
Ratatat - Black Heroes

1. As a guy that has DJ'd enough parties to understand the highs and lows I've gotta shoutoutoutout to the biggest crowd pleaser around, Girl Talk. Feed the Animals has been in my car non-stop since its release a couple of weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving every second of it. If you haven't already, download the entire album for FREE off of his MySpace.
Girl Talk - No Pause

So there it is! I couldn't be more excited to hear more music coming from Esau Mwamwaya, Clipse and others. I'm also going back and listening to No Age's Wierdo Rippers in a whole new light. What have you been rockin' out to this summer?

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]