FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 20, 2008

CMJ Update: Deerhoof



So here I am in New York far away from my usual LA turf to hang out with Noah and, of course, enjoy all that CMJ week has to offer. I started the week off to a good start with a early performance by Deerhoof at the Gibson Showroom. Although it wasn't a very long set because it was streaming on KEXP, I couldn't have cared less as a handful on audience was ushered into the private studio room by Deerhoof drummer Greg Saunier where they were performing. This was my first time seeing Deerhoof live and I couldn't be more impressed. With a dreamy, disjointed intensity, Deerhoof can have you snapping your fingers at one second and have you begging for mercy the next but they will always leave you wanting more. Deerhoof is playing CMJ Music Marathon on Wednesday, Ocobet 22 at the Filmore at Irving Plaza.



Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]