FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Unicorn Dream Attack, i <3 u


On the first night of Blip (last night) my mind was not only blown, but my body was rocked, pounded and thrown into an entirely new world. I can continue from here and write an essay on 8bit's role in the deconstruction of popular and classical music, but I couldn't give a shit because the artists that I've seen the past two nights have been no less than incredible and inspiring. I'd like to give a shoutout to the 16 year old IAYD, a prodigy if I've ever seen one, and from that I'd like to introduce Unicorn Dream Attack to the FMLY blog. As I'm sure that you have been able to tell, I'm a sucker for unconventional pop music making UDA and I a perfect match - in fact, I'd call him one of best musical experiences I've had all year. Here's his equipment: Original Gameboy DMG-01, Casio VL-Tone / VL-1, Atari 2600, Texas Instruments Speak & Spell, Commodore 64 with keyboard overlay, Nintendo Famicom (HVC-001), Texas Instruments Speak & Music, Yamaha VSS-30, Casio SK-1, NES with MIDINES, Casio SK-8, Little Sound DJ / LSDJ - and you play what, a guitar with a wah pedal? What a setup! I'm drawn to calling UDA an 8bit Black Moth Super Rainbow, but please create your own opinions and give the twin cities a chance! These songs are going to be stuck in my head for weeks. His latest album, Love Bits, is available now right here and at Blip.

Unicorn Dream Attack - b34ut1ful 3y3s
Unicorn Dream Attack - w34K & sM4ll

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]