FMLY has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
theFMLY.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh You Girls


Dum Dum Girls – who I'm assuming are named after the Talk Talk song – is actually the project of just one Dum Dum Girl – a Librarian from L.A. named Dee Dee. Dum Dum Girls are already being compared to their contemporaries, Vivian Girls, but even early on I think Dee Dee's catchy melodies are leaving the other Girls in the dust. [via]

"Girls" are all the rage these days. "My Girls," Vivian Girls, Girls, Parenthetical Girls, U.S. Girls, etc - even GvB agrees, "Girls" are clearly in line to be the new black/wolf/fuck/crystals for 09." I'd like to point out Los Angeles' own Dum Dum Girls, a fuzzy reverbed "blissed out buzzsaw" of a project. You can catch her live in May at the Smell with Nite Jewel and I highly recommend listening to "Jail La La," with a heavenly repeated chorus in the homestretch you may just find yourself bobbing your head or tapping some toes.

Labels:


Comments:
this is dandelion_gum from Last.fm;
i love this post becuase I have noticed the increase of "girls" bands myself. Vivian girls were more-so a 2008 thing though. I think they were just a flavor of the month though. but yeah man the rest of these girls "my girls", "U.S. Girls" (I have one of their albums and have gotten into it but not that much). anyhoot yeah this "girl" thing is going to be just like deer/wolf/frog/crystal phase of 2009.

You and I think alike.
 
this is dandelion_gum from Last.fm;
i love this post becuase I have noticed the increase of "girls" bands myself. Vivian girls were more-so a 2008 thing though. I think they were just a flavor of the month though. but yeah man the rest of these girls "my girls", "U.S. Girls" (I have one of their albums and have gotten into it but not that much). anyhoot yeah this "girl" thing is going to be just like deer/wolf/frog/crystal phase of 2009.

You and I think alike.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]